The Twelve Oaks addiction treatment program is patterned after the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA). Within this pattern of treatment, an individualized treatment plan is designed based on the specific needs of each patient.
What to bring to treatment at Twelve Oaks:
- Patients must come to treatment with all their necessary clothes and toiletries.
- All prescription medications for the entire stay in their original containers (samples are prohibited)
- Not allowed: narcotics, amphetamines, controlled substances, etc. or they will be destroyed
- Please place all your medications in one bag
- ID or Driver’s License- This will be needed to fill any medications
- Insurance/prescription/pharmacy card and Dental insurance (or payment method for prescriptions)
- Casual conservative clothing for one week only. 7 outfits for day wear and 7 outfits for sleeping ONLY.
- Females: 1 piece conservative swimsuits only (if not appropriate a t-shirt will need to be worn)
- Males: Board shorts or swimming trunks
- Alarm clock (without radio feature)
- Personal toiletry items and sunscreen (no alcohol in the first 3 ingredients)
- Pillow or blanket (if you prefer your own)
- Journal, stationery and stamps, books
- Umbrella, Backpack
- Snacks may be brought in, dropped off, or mailed in; but they MUST be individually wrapped, and in their original packaging. Any snacks that are brought in partially opened will be discarded.
- If you are a smoker, please prepare to bring a cigarette supply for the entirety of your stay (30-45 days). Cigarette packs MUST be unopened. THE ONLY WAY TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL TOBACCO PRODUCTS IS TO HAVE FAMILY BRING THEM TO RECEPTION OR HAVE THEM MAIL MORE TO YOU WHILE IN TREATMENT. E-cigarettes are permitted. E-Juice must be in a new sealed package – no open liquids.
Prohibited Items at Twelve Oaks Recovery Center
- Drugs / Alcohol—Patients are not allowed to purchase, possess or use legal or illegal mind/mood-altering substances including over –the-counter cough and sleep aids. No drug paraphernalia is allowed. If you have legal or illegal mind-altering substances in your possession at the time you are admitted, you will be asked to give these to the nurse on duty. Illegal substances will be disposed of.
- Electronic devices including laptops, MP3 players, CDs, pagers, video games, videos, DVDs, cameras, TVs, clock radios, E-readers, (E-cigarettes may only be used in designated smoking areas)
- Cell phones: you may want to travel with your cell phone to our facility; however, we will place it in our safe upon arrival
- Mouthwash containing alcohol
- Aerosols (including shaving cream; gel is permitted)
- Over-the-counter medications
- No torch lighters
- Weapons and/or anything deemed so by staff
- Paints, paint thinner/remover, turpentine, denatured alcohol, rubbing alcohol, kerosene, gasoline or Freon, fireworks, candles, incense, airplane cement, glue, or adhesives
- Hair dyes or hair coloring products, fingernail polish and polish remover
- Sports equipment (weights, baseball bats, etc.)
- Clothing: no clothing or hats with inappropriate messages or symbols which have sexual, gambling, racial, alcohol or drug references; no tank tops, yoga pants, low-cut shirts, crocheted, knitted or see through shirts; shorts higher than 4 inches above the knee
- No two-piece bathing suits/bikinis (must be a modest one-piece swimming suit for females)
- Coolers, coffee pots, cooking devices, electric blankets and heating pads