Twelve Oaks Recovery Center helps individuals who are struggling with substance use and mental health disorders build a strong foundation for long-term wellness by providing flexible programming. Our expert, compassionate staff is dedicated to our mission of providing quality behavioral health treatment for our clients in an atmosphere of trust, honesty, and responsibility.
About Addiction IOP Treatment
Our IOP for substance use disorders is designed to provide clients with the therapy, education, and support they need to overcome an addiction to drugs or alcohol while allowing them to continue to participate in their regular lives. Our IOP typically involves four hours of therapy each day, three days a week. Clients who participate in our IOP attend group therapy sessions, where they can learn about substance use disorder topics that include managing triggers, relapse prevention, and 12-Step programming.
About Mental Health IOP Treatment
Twelve Oaks offers an IOP specifically for those who are struggling with mental health disorders, such as posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. In our IOP, clients participate in four hours of therapy each day, three days a week. During this time, clients can benefit from personalized treatment methods, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), experiential therapies, and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR). Group therapy is the foundation of our mental health IOP, covering topics such as conflict resolution, self-esteem, managing stress, communication skills, and anger management.
Who Can Benefit from Our IOP
Twelve Oaks Recovery Center’s IOP is ideal for clients who:
- Are in the early stages of a substance use disorder or have a primary mental health disorder
- Do not require inpatient treatment or are transitioning from a residential treatment program
- Want a more flexible therapy schedule so that they can still attend school or work and fulfill other commitments
- Have achieved stabilization and are seeking ongoing continuing care
What to Expect
The average length of stay in our IOP is about eight weeks, with therapy sessions three days a week from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. In addition, the IOP holds process groups and a Big Book study.
Determining the ideal length of stay involves an analysis of a number of personal factors, including the nature and severity of the disorder someone is struggling with and the presence of any co-occurring disorders.
Our professionals will take all these concerns into consideration as we work with you to create the personalized IOP treatment plan that will put you in the best position to pursue long-term recovery.
The IOP at Twelve Oaks includes:
- Master’s and licensed counselors
- Individualized treatment planning
- Group therapy
- Education/awareness classes
- Referral to self-help support groups (AA/NA)
- Lifelong continuing care (including weekly alumni groups, ongoing alumni activities such as guest speakers and quarterly events, and access to our alumni coordinator for support and referrals)