At Twelve Oaks Recovery Center, we understand the importance of offering continued support in an individual’s recovery journey. Because of this, we are committed to giving our patients the best possible chance to succeed and offer a number of continuing care options.
Partial Hospitalization Program for Substance Abuse in Northwest Florida
Sharing the same location as our inpatient residential treatment center, our partial hospitalization program (PHP) is designed for patients in need of structured care who either are transitioning out of residential care or are not in need of residential treatment. Our PHP program treats patients aged 18 years or older who have a primary substance use disorder, though we also work with people struggling with co-occurring mental health disorders and chronic pain.
PHP treatment occurs daily. The purpose of the PHP is to help patients reenter their respective communities with continuing support from treatment staff and to provide a place to continue developing the skills learned during residential rehab treatment. Our modalities of treatment utilized in these programs include:
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Brief Solution-Focused Therapy
PHP Program Overview at Twelve Oaks Recovery Center
The following is an overview of our PHP program:
Partial Hospitalization Program
Our PHP program mirrors our residential rehab program in many ways, including that fact that our PHP patients live on-site. During the mornings, PHP patients attend groups and in the afternoons, they attend book lectures, lectures led by alumni, and recreational therapies. The PHP program typically lasts 30 days and programming runs for six hours per day. When patients are engaged in our PHP program, they will partake in the following interventions:
- Individual therapy: PHP patients have a minimum of one individual therapy session per week with their individual therapists and have the option of more frequent sessions if clinically necessary.
- Family therapy: We recognize that families are an important part of our patients’ recovery process. Patients in the PHP have a minimum of one family session during their treatment stay, and each patient and counselor will determine if more sessions of family therapy would be helpful.
- Medication management: Medication management is available for our PHP patients who require it.
- Group therapy: Groups are led by our clinical staff and our medical director, nurses, and recreational therapist all provide specialty groups. In addition to our normal groups, we provide 12-step groups through our alumni and members of outside 12-step groups. Group topics may include:
- Working the 12-steps program
- Big Book study
- Relapse prevention
- Stages of change
- 10 Principles of Change
- Anger management
- Communication skills
- Triggers and cravings
- Conflict resolution
- Spirituality enrichment
- Dealing with stress and emotions
- Addiction as a brain disease
- Experiential therapy: Experiential therapies are woven throughout our treatment program, and may include opportunities like:
- Play therapy
- Guided imagery
- Use of props
- Ropes course
Upon completion of our PHP program, patients will work with staff to determine the most appropriate services that will enable them to continue their process once they have left Twelve Oaks Recovery Center. We want our patients to succeed and will do all that we can to ensure that recovery is truly lasting.
If you or your loved one would like more information about our continuing care options, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We would be honored to join your or your loved one no matter where you may be in your recovery journey.